MGMA maintains a “CSR Advisory Desk”. (CSR = Corporate Social Responsiblity) MGMA’s member companies can receive answers to questions related to responsible business practices, factory safety & efficiency and can potentially qualify for free on-site consultancy services provided by one of MGMA’s international partners. Examples of free support include:
- An evaluation of existing fire safety procedures and suggestions for improvements.
- Production floor recommendations to improve production efficiency and work-flow.
- Assistance with employee contracts to ensure they conform with legal requirements and international standards.
- Advice on setting up appropriate grievance mechanisms for addressing employee complaints.
- Advice on appointing/nominating workers’ representatives if your factory lacks a union presence.
The CSR Advisory Desk also provides support for member companies interested in implementing MGMA’s Code of Conduct for the Myanmar garment industry. Companies can receive free hard copies of the Code of Conduct in both English and Myanmar (available as a framed A3 size poster in English and a larger font vinyl version in Myanmar).
The CSR Advisory Desk is also responsible for coordinating educational seminars on relevant topics. Examples include: June 20th seminar on Restricted and Potentially Hazardous Chemical Substances in Apparel Industries and an August 15th seminar on Factory Fire Safety & Prevention.
To receive information or to request support contact: email@example.com or call 01-214829 between 9:30am-5:30pm.